10 tips for choosing the right Recruitment Software
Choosing the right Recruitment Software can be stressful because the wrong decision could cost the organization lots of money, it’s a long term one and there is personal reputation on the line.
Ideally HR wants a RISK-FREE way to introduce the right Recruitment Software into their business and within their existing technology ecosystem – but how do you achieve such strategy?
The key risk areas HR needs to avoid are
- Upfront investment in the form of setup, or implementation cost
- Long term contracts
- Slow-to-respond support
- Closed up architecture that prevents it from talking to the rest of the tech ecosystem
- Install-and-maintain-yourself, type of architecture
- Slick and staged demos vs real try-it-before-you-buy-it trials
10 ingredient recipe for a great Recruitment Software that’s on the right side of history
- CLOUD-based – it means that you don’t have to buy hardware and software in order to install the software, nor you have to pay IT personnel to maintain and keep the software available
- Open Architecture – your recruitment software need to integrate with the rest of your tech stable of products starting with onboarding, payroll and the careers page on your website. So you need to make sure the product you’re buying a) Has the technology architecture to integrate with other systems and b) The product managers have a clearly articulated long term commitment to their integration strategy
- Real try-it-before-you-buy-it trial – a real trial where HR can use the product in real life recruitment environment and preferably recruiting real people through it during the trial
- Great support – bad support could cripple your internal recruitment team from fulfilling their objectives and KPI(s). Make sure you understand the support level and the turn around time for support issues particularly with global suppliers who have overseas support call centers
- Low or no upfront investment – in general CLOUD-based systems have a low or no setup costs but not always – you still have to be vigilant when estimating your total upfront investment, although you should be able to find a product that has ZERO upfront investment
- Careers page/micro-site – your careers page or careers site should be critical to your current and future recruitment strategy. In my previous September article I talked about how Google more and more continues to expose your careers page to the net, and in doing so it gives you the opportunity attract job-seeker eye balls and start relying less and less on paid advertising and job-boards
- Posting to free job-boards – your recruitment software should ideally have online job posting capability where not only it allows you to post to your careers page on your own website and main job-boards like Seek, but it should also allow you to post to free job-boards like Gumtree and MyCareer. Short of having multi-posting capabilities your recruitment software should seamlessly integrate with a multi-posting product that can act as the gateway to online sites
- No Lock-in contracts – most CLOUD-based products now come with no or very short contractual commitment – the last thing you want to know when you realize that you’re not happy with your decision is that you have 2 years to go on your contract
- Socially connected – the product HR chooses needs to have social connectivity such as, posting job ad content to social sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Fun – Finally please make sure you find a supplier that’s fun to deal with and actually care about what they’re doing – and have fun with it!
As seen on the HC Online website & Human Capital Business Review:
MyRecruitment+ is a cloud-based Recruitment Software and is used by 1,000s of users in over 10 countries.
MRPlus is the # 1 choice for corporate recruiters, who are looking for a system that’s modern, agile and doesn’t require a setup cost.
MRPlus Modules include:
- Electronic Request-to-hire workflow
- Posting to free and paid job-boards
- Recruitment (Full ATS)
- On-boarding with digital signing
- Video Interviewing
- Integration with Payroll systems
- Career site & Internal hiring board